IN ANY CASE, YOU FEEL THAT LIFE OR PROPERTY IS IN DANGER, CALL 911. DOOLEY'S NATURAL GAS HAS AN EXCELLENT WORKING RELATIONSHIP WITH OUR POLICE AND FIRE DEPARTMENTS.
Please call us immediately if you think you may have a natural gas emergency.
Gas Emergencies - Get out of the building immediately.
How would you recognize a pipeline leak?
Sight: Liquid pools, discolored or abnormally dry soil/vegetation, continuous bubbling in wet or flooded areas, an oily sheen on water surfaces, and vaporous fogs or blowing dirt around a pipeline area can all be indicative of a pipeline leak.
Sound: Volume can range from a quiet hissing to a loud roar depending on the size of a leak.
Smell: An unusual smell, petroleum odor or rotten egg odor will sometimes accompany pipeline leaks.
What TO DO in the event a leak were to occur?
- Leave the area by foot immediately in attempt to stay upwind.
- Turn off any equipment and eliminate any ignition source, if able to do so without risk or injury.
- From a safe location call 911 and notify the pipeline operator immediately.
What NOT TO DO in the event a leak were to occur?
- DO NOT come into direct contact with escaping liquids or gas.
- DO NOT start a car; turn on or off any light switches or light a cigarette.
- DO NOT use a cell phone.
- DO NOT go into a leak or vapor cloud.
- DO NOT try to repair a leak yourself.